Someone over at Marathon Leap tagged me with the task of creating my 6 Word Mantra.
Here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
Like, Life Student, I first tried to think of a mantra that related to running, because thats what I've been doing, that has been my inspiration and motivation over the past several months, however, running just didn't fit into my 6 words. Without too much more thought, I had it:
Live and love like a cat.
That's right, your creepy cat lady chiming in. This comes from years of observation of cats. People who don't know cats well see them as being generally cold, selfish animals, but that's not true. Here are some reasons why I'd like to Live and Love Like a Cat:
1. The cat is peaceful...likes quiet...meditation...relaxation.
2. The cat is cool and aloof to strangers, but doting and warm to people it loves.
3. The cat loves the sun and falls asleep on warm laundry.
3. The cat savors every moment of its day (awake or asleep)
4. The Cat doesn't seek approval (like silly dogs).
Sure. Its all cheesy, but i love the idea of the complete trust and love from my little cats to me, and I truly appreciate the cats ability to be free from stress...plus it would be nice to have so much confidence all the time, and no need for other peoples approval. Peekaboo the cat, pictured above, is from Pat Brady's comic strip Rose is Rose, and embodies the zen qualities I like so much in cats!
I guess I have to pass on the tags:
2. Grammar Nick
3. Still thinking about 3, 4 and 5....