Two childhood friends unexpectedly fall in love during a trip to New York.
- Laughing and accidental touching in Central Park surrounded in fall leaves and autumn colors
- He has a dizzying moment (he can't take his eyes off her) when she spills mustard down the front of her shirt near a hotdog stand, and then cracks up laughing. He wipes mustard off his hot dog and rubs in on his face to keep up the laughter.
- She pulls strings to get tickets to a Broadway show he thought was sold out – the hug and he accidentally says “I love you” and she laughs and says I love you, too (but its clear she’s wondering in what way he means it…)
- Her shower explodes and floods her whole room, but the hotel is sold out so they have to stay together in his room. (Or, they are staying together already but at check-in the hotel doesn’t have their two double beds available! They have to share a King?!?)
- The two get really drunk at some fancy Manhattan restaurant and confess that they always wish their significant others could be more like the other one.
- She almost walks in front of a cab, and he pulls her back and into his arms.
These were just some of my first, semi-obvious ideas. What other scenes come to mind when you think of this typical Rom-Com premise?
Prompt from Dennis Cass Wants You To Be More Awesome